War ravages the sentinel world of Vigilus. Though beset by an Ork Speedwaagh! and a Genestealer Cult uprising, its crucial location at the mouth of the Nachmund Gauntlet makes it an invaluable asset to the Imperium – one that its people will fight to the last to defend. Yet this defiance may cost the Imperium dearly, for on top of all the planet’s woes, a Chaos invasion has begun, led by a warlord claiming to be the herald of Abaddon himself!
Imperium Nihilus: Vigilus Defiant is packed with exciting background and new rules that enable you to refight the events described in the book. Here’s what you will find inside:
- Background of the period leading up to the War for Vigilus
- A star map of the Vigilus system
- Descriptions of the planet of Vigilus and its military disposition
- Detailed accounts of the major events in the War for Vigilus
- Campaign deployment maps and descriptions of the battles that were fought in each war zone
- Details of the various armies that fought in this campaign
- Campaign rules allowing you to bring the narrative of this book to life on your tabletop.
- Guidance on organising and running a Vigilus campaign
-12 narrative play missions (6 Crucible of War, 6 Echoes of War), as well as additional special rules and stratagems
- Six exciting battlezones to use in your games of Warhammer 40,000
- Specific rules for using the various factions that fought on Vigilus, including datasheets for Marneus Calgar, his Victrix Guard and Haarken Worldclaimer
- 22 specialist detachments, with new warlord traits, relics, and stratagems
ABOUT THIS EDITION
This is an Enhanced edition – featuring the same, complete and unabridged content as the print edition in a handy, space-saving portable format, it also contains the following extra features:
- Zoomable, pin-sharp photography, allowing you to appreciate the fine details of Citadel miniatures in a new light;
- a Glossary – tap terms and rules to see their details in an instant;
- 360-degree miniature photography, rotatable with a swipe of a finger;
- Scrolling text, designed to optimise the reading experience for your phone or tablet;
- Pop-up content – bring up extra information at a touch;
- Panoramic art and photography – designed to bring out detail in a way that makes the most of your display;
- Direct links to the Games Workshop web store – see a miniature you like? You can order it straight away.
- Bookmarks – got a reference you need to use often? Add a bookmark and jump between your pages with a tap.