• This edition features many new enhancements using SOLIDWORKS 2020
• An exercise-based workbook using step-by-step tutorials teaches you to use SOLIDWORKS 2020
• Designed for use in undergraduate engineering and pre-college courses
• Covers modeling, finite element analysis, assembly modeling, kinematic simulation, rapid prototyping and projecting engineering drawings
• Incorporates the principles of engineering graphics into lessons
Revised and refreshed for SOLIDWORKS 2020, Design Workbook Using SOLIDWORKS 2020 is an exercise-based book that guides you through a series of easy to understand, step-by-step tutorials that cover basic SOLIDWORKS commands. The 2020 edition includes updated SOLIDWORKS processes and methods to create models more efficiently than ever before. The intended audience is undergraduate engineering majors, but it can also be used in pre-college engineering courses. The engaging and straightforward lab exercises in this workbook are also ideal for self-learners.
The text takes an educational approach where you learn through repetition, starting with simple models, and introducing more complex models and commands as the book progresses, leading you to create assemblies, make Finite Element Analyses, detail manufacturing drawings, complete dynamic simulations, and learn the basics of rapid prototyping. The principles of engineering graphics are also incorporated into the lessons throughout the text.
The commands and functions learned throughout this book will help a new user understand their use, how to apply them in different situations, and design ever more complex components.
Table of Contents
Design Workbook Labs:
1. Basic 2D Sketching
2. Advanced 2D Sketching
3. 3D Modeling Part I
4. 3D Modeling Part II
5. Assembly Modeling
6. Part Evaluation and Configurations
7. Static Stress and Thermal Analysis
8. Animation, Detailing and Rapid Prototyping
9. Section Views in 2D and 3D
10. Manufacturing Detail Drawings
Appendix A: Drawing Sheet Template