• Designed for users new to CAD
• Uses step-by-step tutorials to teach you 2D drawing using AutoCAD
• Covers the performance tasks found on the AutoCAD 2022 Certified User Examination
The primary goal of AutoCAD 2022 Tutorial First Level 2D Fundamentals is to introduce the aspects of Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD). This text is intended to be used as a training guide for students and professionals. This text covers AutoCAD 2022 and the lessons proceed in a pedagogical fashion to guide you from constructing basic shapes to making multiview drawings.
This textbook contains a series of twelve tutorial style lessons designed to introduce beginning CAD users to AutoCAD 2022. It takes a hands-on, exercise-intensive approach to all the important 2D CAD techniques and concepts. This text is also helpful to AutoCAD users upgrading from a previous release of the software. The new improvements and key enhancements of the software are incorporated into the lessons. The 2D-CAD techniques and concepts discussed in this text are also designed to serve as the foundation to the more advanced parametric feature-based CAD packages such as Autodesk Inventor.
The basic premise of this book is that the more designs you create using AutoCAD 2022, the better you learn the software. With this in mind, each lesson introduces a new set of commands and concepts, building on previous lessons. This book is intended to help readers establish a good basis for exploring and growing in the exciting field of Computer Aided Engineering.
Table of Contents
AutoCAD Certified User Examination Reference Guide
Introduction: Getting Started
1. AutoCAD 2D Fundamentals
2. Basic Object Construction Tools
3. Geometric Construction and Editing Tools
4. Object Properties and Organization
5. Orthographic Views in Multiview Drawings
6. AutoCAD 2D Isometric Drawings
7. Basic Dimensioning and Notes
8. Templates and Plotting
9. Parametric Drawing Tools
10. Auxiliary Views and Editing with GRIPS
11. Section Views
12. Assembly Drawings and Blocks