Hailed by The Oxford Companion to English Literature as "Britain's most respected living horror writer," Ramsey Campbell has authored an astounding body of work for over half a century that embodies the weird, the supernatural, and the subtle, much of which is widely considered classics of dark fiction today. He has been given more awards than any other writer in the field, including being made an Honorary Fellow of Liverpool John Moores University for outstanding services to literature.
Dark Moon Books and editor Eric J. Guignard bring you this introduction to his work, the sixth in a series of primers exploring modern masters of literary dark short fiction. Herein is a chance to discover-or learn more of-the remarkable voice of Ramsey Campbell, as beautifully illustrated by artist Michelle Prebich.
Included within these pages are:
· Six short stories, one written exclusively for this book
· Author interview
· Biography and bibliography
· Academic commentary by Michael Arnzen, PhD (former humanities chair and professor of the year, Seton Hill University)
· ... and more!
Enter this doorway to the vast and fantastic: Get to know Ramsey Campbell.
Table of Contents includes:
• Introduction by Eric J. Guignard
• About Ramsey Campbell (A Biography)
• The Place of Revelation
• The Place of Revelation: A Commentary
• The Companion
• The Companion: A Commentary
• The Alternative
• The Alternative: A Commentary
• One Copy Only
• One Copy Only: A Commentary
• Recently Used
• Recently Used: A Commentary
• The Bill
• The Bill: A Commentary
• Why Ramsey Campbell Matters by Michael Arnzen, PhD
• In Conversation with Ramsey Campbell
• My Roots Exhumed: An Essay by Ramsey Campbell
• A Bibliography of English Language Fiction for Ramsey Campbell