Transform your home with confidence using our step-by-step methods for perfectly installed tile!
Installing tile is one of the most popular DIY projects out there. It is a fun skill to have, is relatively easy to learn, and can save you a bundle of cash if you do it on your own! You can work at just about any pace you find comfortable, and the results can utterly transform a room. Most commonly used on bathroom and entryway floors and walls, tile has many other useful applications, including kitchen countertops and backsplashes. Exterior tile for patios can be permanently bonded to a concrete base or loose-set over a stable subsurface. Ceramic tile is the most common choice, but porcelain, terra cotta, stone, glass, and even new products made from recycled materials are perfect for adding a new look to any space. Black & Decker The Complete Guide to Tile 4th Edition includes clear, step-by-step information on how to design and install all types of tile in just about any project you can imagine. The new, updated material in this 4th edition includes:
- Installing a curbless shower and wet-room floor in a bathroom
- Brand-new wall tiling sequences
- An expanded shopper guide for all interior and exterior tile options
- New information on common repair jobs, including regrouting
- Exciting decorative projects for crafty DIYers